Since 2006, our volunteers have provided hot food, clothing and conversation to the homeless living on the streets of Dublin every Monday night. In 2016, we were donated a catering van allowing us to extend our service to the outer reaches of the city, provide other soup runs with supplies, and thanks to our amazing volunteers, we operate 7 nights each week, 52 weeks of the year.
Our Mission Statement:
"The aim of the Soup Run is to meet people who are living on the streets, talk with them, offer noodles and soup and in doing so to show them Jesus and His love and care. As the opportunity arises, to pray with people and share Jesus with them in words."
We provide hot nutritious food, warm clothing and friendly conversation where it is needed. We offer the homeless community of Dublin compassion, respect and comfort, free of judgement. Our service is made up entirely of volunteers and all donations, in their entirety, are spent on food, clothing and keeping our mobile soup run van "Faith" up and running.
What We've Achieved
- We are and always have been fully comprised of volunteers.
- We have provided support to the homeless community since 2006.
- We continue to provide on foot and van based mobile teams each Monday night.
- We have expanded the reaches of the Mobile Soup Run to outer Dublin.
- We are one of the few Soup Runs providing support 7 nights per week.
- We share any surplus we have with other soup runs and shelters.
- Distributed 50 rough sleeper winter back packs in 2015 on behalf of Síol Foundation.
- The waterproof back packs contained:
- waterproof sleeping bag
- waterproof camping mat
- thermal leggings and tops
- wool socks, hat, scarf & gloves
- waterproof jacket
- emergency blanket
- 6 months later 42 people still had their packs.